YOUR BUSINESS IMAGE
Being clear on the level of involvement you wish to have in the business will help you shape an image for your business that keeps customers coming back for MORE.
25 Ways to Boost Your Business Image
1. Start to see your business through customers’ eyes
2. Keep a strong focus on your customer base.
3. Create a unique brand identity, logo and image that are recognizable.
4. Choose your overall image and remain consistent throughout.
5. Create unique marketing that sets you apart from the rest of the world.
6. Develop a strong visual and verbal brad that clearly defines.
7. Pay attention to details and present your best image at all times.
8. Improve and update all marketing materials.
9. Create marketing materials that connect with customers emotionally.
10. Use the back of business cards for additional information and/or tips.
11. Ask customers for testimonials and use them in your marketing.
12. Use professional signage and graphics to best represent your image.
13. Update and/or remodel your location a minimum every 7 years.
14. Hire professionals that can bring out the best in all areas.
15. Be organized so you don’t become overwhelmed.
16. Improve your listening and telephone skills.
17. Display products professionally and make them visually exciting.
18. Embrace the latest technology and take it to the next level.
19. Become known as the expert by writing articles for publications.
20. Develop great follow up and follow through in everything you do.
21. Network like a pro and support your local communities.
22. Stay ahead of your industry by becoming a lifelong learner.
23. Stay confident and aware but don’t worry about the competition.
24. Don’t take things too seriously or too personal.
25. Continue to be aware and improve your professional image every day.
Where do I start?
A great place to start is to take a close look at your business card as if you were a prospective customer. Take out your business card right now and go over the top ten lists below and see how your card ranks.
10 Common Business Card Mistakes
1. Scrambles messages with inconsistent design elements.
2. Does not clearly define what your business services and/or products.
3. Does not make your business memorable (in a good way).
4. Indicates unflattering things about your business.
5. Does not generate additional business.
6. Creates a cluttered impression.
7. Omits essential information, or filled with nom-essential information.
8. Looks out of date or information no longer applies.
9. Hard to read or confusing to the eye.
10. Lacks a point of interest, image or theme.
This tip was provided with courtesy of Caboolture Moreton Bay Region BEC.