Geoff is an Accountant with a long list of qualifications and accomplishments and was recognized in 2007 by the Australian Financial Review as being a Qualified Business Advisor. For the past 12 years Geoff has been a Non-Executive Director of the BEC and was appointed in December 2015 as Interim CEO in the capacity of Executive Director.
Prior to starting his own Consulting Practice in 2003, Geoff had previously worked in the Public & Private Sectors with both National & International Responsibilities, including being 2nd in Charge of Treasury in Canberra (and delivered the transition from Cash to Accrual Accounting across 44 Government Agencies) followed by then going on to turn-around a National Logistics business.
Geoff sits on a number of Commercial & Non-For-Profit Boards (including a Credit Union) and is well regarded as an experienced & relevant Business Advisor & Business Broker.
As one of the recommended Speakers for CPA Australia, Geoff regularly presents to CPD Events for Accountants as well as Conferences such as AMP Financial Planners Association and Interflora.
As a long-term proud Macarthur business owner & resident, Geoff & his family are actively involved in the Business, Residential & Charity Communities.
Geoff’s qualifications include:
Master of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting Major with a Sub-Major in Organisations and Management)
- Licensed Business Agent (Business Broker)
- Fellow Australian Institute of Management
- Fellow Australian Society of CPA’s
- Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member Institute of Management Consultants
- Member Australian Institute of Business Brokers
- Certified Practicing Business Broker
- Accredited Myers-Briggs Type Indicator™ Assessor
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Finance & Business since 2002 (International Edition)
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in the World since 2005 (International Edition)
- Director “The Mac” Credit Union
- Director & Vice Chairman Macarthur Business Enterprise Centre
- Director (& Past President) Youth Solutions
- Committee Member (& Past Chairman) Macarthur Accountants Discussion Group
- Director Compliance Resource Associates International (who is also the Appointed Administrator of the ANZEx Certification Scheme)
- Listed on CPA Australia National Directors Registers
- Listing in the CPA Australia Recommended Speakers List