To be eligible as a participating business all that is required is a simple application, which then generates a statement of reputation via the Office of Fair Trading, and an offer of a discount of 10% or equivalent to our NSW Seniors Card members.
Seniors Card publishes a Seniors Directory that is posted to over 800,000 homes across NSW, advertising in the 2013 Directory closes on 30 June 2012.
Here is a bit about our Seniors NSW members that would be of interest to any business:
- We have over 1 million members
- We have over 195,000 email addresses
- Nearly 40% of our members are fully self-funded
- All members of our are 60 years or over old and working less than 20 hours paid work a week (e.g. semi-retired or retired)
- Our members live in NSW (both in metro and regional areas)
Businesses would find it worth knowing:
- Nearly 50% of all NSW Seniors Card members are fully/part self-funded retirees
- The baby boomer generation is wealthier than any previous generation of retirees
- 400,000 NSW Seniors Card members are aged 60 – 69 years
- Four out of five households headed by a baby boomer are home owners, which is high not only by international standards, but also when compared with other past and present generational groups
1 Source: NSW Seniors Card database
2 Source: The National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling (NATSEM) University of Canberra
3 Source: NSW Seniors Card database
4 Source: AMP.NATSEM Income & Wealth Report, Issue 16, March 2007)
For registration businesses would go to http://www.seniors.nsw.gov.au/associates/apply/step1.asp
NSW Seniors Card 2013 Discount Directory is open for bookings; this won’t last bookings Close 30 June 2012.